For sale section

Have your say about your new MYA Forum. What would you like to see? How can we improve the forum?

Moderator: Senior Admin

Mike Cooke

For sale section

Post by Mike Cooke » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:20 pm

Good work for bringing the classifieds into the forum. Should help keep things a bit more current and hopefully drive some more participation in the forum generally.

I think that there are far too many subcategories though. Having to click through 3 levels of forum just to look at the class you're interested in seems to be a bit much. It also makes it much more difficult to casually browse through whats around. You could probably just cut it off after the first page?

GaRRy
Site Admin
First Name: Garry
Last name: Box

Re: For sale section

Post by GaRRy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:29 pm

Thats the idea :)

As for sub categories the reason for this is to allow people to subscribe to the ones they are interested in so if say looking for iom could subscribe to iom forum to automatically receive emails informing them of new ads. However note taken of your comments for future review. May be remove the international/mya/affiliated level ?

Dave Alston

Post by Dave Alston » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:28 pm

Garry,
You probably worked very hard at this but to me it is fundamentally unintelligible and the same no doubt to countless others

I want to amend my advert but I cannot.

I followed the instructions but no button or anything

You get a totally different view if you at not logged on - sorry - Dave @ Confused dot Com

Why can we not simply amend our posting...

Dave..
Really Badskipper

GaRRy
Site Admin

Post by GaRRy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:31 pm

Sorry David now your confusing me. Which Ad do you wish to amend as I can't find one you have posted to Ads section.

Only the original poster and admin can amend a Ad in Ads section. With exception of Mikes new Ad all the rest were copied of old for sales by Damian Ackroyd and as such can't be edited by original poster (nor could they be on old for sales) but only Damian and Admin.

If one of these is yours the simplest solution is for you to post a new Ad and then let me know which of the ones posted by Damian is yours and I will then remove it. You should then be able to amend the new Ad to your hearts content.

As more and more new Ads are added this problem will disappear

As for looking different when not logged in can you be a bit more specific ?

PS found your Ad now and I'm correct it is one posted by Damian so please just post a shortened version as new topic and i will copy over rest and delete old one then you will be able to edit. Or if its sold just let me know and i will mark as such.

GaRRy
Site Admin

Post by GaRRy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:36 pm

To all please keep the comments coming.

This forum is still a work in progress as far as I'm concerned and all suggestions will be considered.

Dave Alston

Post by Dave Alston » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:49 pm

Ok So
Please delete my Add and I will post a new one

GaRRy
Site Admin

Post by GaRRy » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Dave Alston wrote:Ok So
Please delete my Add and I will post a new one
Done

GaRRy
Site Admin

Post by GaRRy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:55 am

Mike Cooke wrote:I think that there are far too many subcategories though. Having to click through 3 levels of forum just to look at the class you're interested in seems to be a bit much. It also makes it much more difficult to casually browse through whats around. You could probably just cut it off after the first page?
Following this and other comments I have flattened the for sale section layout.

See I do listen to and consider ideas to improve the forum.

So please if you think something could be better let me know and if practical/possible it will be considered to be done.

Timothy Prince

Post by Timothy Prince » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:23 pm

TINTO is now SOLD
Please remove add
Many thanks
Tim

GaRRy
Site Admin